Script Nurse Forum
April 24, 2014, 08:32:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: YOU MUST REGISTER in order to post and use the CHAT ROOM. It's FREE. Access to the many sub-boards of THE STORY DEPARTMENT and LEARNING, EXERCISES & WORKSHOPS is limited to MEMBERS ONLY, so click on the REGISTER tab below and join us for free. MAIN SITE returns you to the main Script Nurse website and HOME brings you back to the top of the forums. CHAT ROOM access is automatic once you've registered.

MAIN SITE   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Follow Me on Pinterest
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Low budget film...  (Read 3005 times)
rnbrewer
Screenwriter-Producer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 01:51:08 AM »

I realize its been a while since I last posted. I just wanted to let everyone know I was still alive and that the project is still under way. It's amazing to me how long it can take do principle photography on a short film. Especially when you're working a very low budget and actors who have "real" jobs outside of the project.

We've run into a bit of a technical snafu that requires me to upgrabe our computers in order to fix it. Basically mine are not powerful enough to handle high end, digital video editing. The computers keep crashing or freezing forcing me to shut down the computer or programs all together.

We still have more footage to shoot and may have to do some re-shoots here in the future. I hope I have more to report later but until then I'll TRY to keep everyone informed (and I'll also try to stop by more often.)

See ya!
rnbrewer
Screenwriter-Producer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 10:48:27 PM »

Well, the snow has almost melted off and the temps are warming up. We had the first read-through last Tuesday and everything went surprisingly well. We've got some good talent on this one. We're also trying to finish up the location scouting. This shouldn't take too long since the film only contains two very basic locations; a womans room and a park.

Again, principal photography should be starting soon, but the outdoor scenes will have to wait till the snow finishes melting. We can't afford to ship every one to a warmer location for the shoot, so we're forced to contend with mother nature yet again.

So far the experience has been interesting. I've had to learn almost everything as we go along, from breaking down the script to basic lighting techniques. There's a lot of stuff involved with making a movie, even a short one like ours. Speaking of lighting, does anyone have any advice on this subject. Anything and everything you could provide me with will no doubt be helpful.

See ya soon!
Ryan
StewBrain
Studio Screenwriter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 03:13:15 AM »

Skies are all clear until at least next Sunday for you.  I shoveled snow for 12 hours in two shifts here in Denver.  Winters last Hoorah...maybe.
uncle_al
Screenwriter-Producer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 06:36:48 PM »

Well, as long as the snow doesn't clog up any drainage system, you should be okay...

Cheers!
Al B.

Now FORTIFIED with BLOG!
http://alexanderfilmworks.wordpress.com/ NEW SITE!

I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die.
--Isaac Asimov
rnbrewer
Screenwriter-Producer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 07:04:40 PM »

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Just to fill you all in, we were supposed to do the first official read-through with the actors yesterday. Unfortunatly South Dakota was slammed with a blizzard and no one could make it. Thus, we have been forced to re-schedule. I think Mother Nature and I have gone from simple fued to all out war.

Anyway, it looks like the read-through will take place some time next week and principal photography will follow shortly thereafter.
uncle_al
Screenwriter-Producer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 04:07:29 PM »

Good stuff, Ryan.

Cheers!
Al B.

Now FORTIFIED with BLOG!
http://alexanderfilmworks.wordpress.com/ NEW SITE!

I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die.
--Isaac Asimov
padnar
Screenwriter-Director

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 12:04:47 AM »

Congrats and keep up the good work
padma
 Cool
ScriptNurse
Head Nurse
Private Coach
Screenwriter-Producer

Head Nurse

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:05:25 PM »

I wish you good luck.

Don BledsoeWant to write screenplays? READ SCREENPLAYS!
Screenwriter & ProducerWant control? GO TO FILM SCHOOL!
Representation: Eileen OFarrell, OFarrell Management (818) 985-3136
Attorney: Paul S. Levine (310) 450-6711
Websites: Script Nurse, Go With The Flo Productions Inc., Queen Dad
rnbrewer
Screenwriter-Producer

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2009, 01:23:25 PM »

Just wanted to open up a thread and let everyone know that I've started work on an independant production. We're putting together a short film called "The Choice" and I plan on keeping everyone up to date on how the project is doing.

Thanks for everything! You've all been a BIG help to me and it's starting to pay off. Well...in a small way. It's a very low budget film but it's something. It's a start. To me that everything.

Ryan
Script Nurse Forum

Follow Me on Pinterest
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: