Script Nurse Forum
April 23, 2014, 07:39:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Writers Store
News: YOU MUST REGISTER in order to post and use the CHAT ROOM. It's FREE. Access to the many sub-boards of THE STORY DEPARTMENT and LEARNING, EXERCISES & WORKSHOPS is limited to MEMBERS ONLY, so click on the REGISTER tab below and join us for free. MAIN SITE returns you to the main Script Nurse website and HOME brings you back to the top of the forums. CHAT ROOM access is automatic once you've registered.

MAIN SITE   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Follow Me on Pinterest
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new web show  (Read 1965 times)
rnbrewer
Screenwriter-Producer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 01:54:41 AM »

Some people go the distance and build there very own Web based business. For instance, you may or may not have heard of the guys responsible for the on-going "Red VS. Blue" web series. ( I would say the name of their company but it's kind of innapropriate). Anyway, these guys built there own website and they charge people a subscription fee to view there material. I've heard of others doing this, but nobody specific.
ScriptNurse
Head Nurse
Private Coach
Screenwriter-Producer

Head Nurse

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 02:20:08 PM »

I don't know how they monetize the site and it's not painfully obvious either. Thanks for the kind words ... and all you have to do is ask lots of questions.

Don BledsoeWant to write screenplays? READ SCREENPLAYS!
Screenwriter & ProducerWant control? GO TO FILM SCHOOL!
Representation: Eileen OFarrell, OFarrell Management (818) 985-3136
Attorney: Paul S. Levine (310) 450-6711
Websites: Script Nurse, Go With The Flo Productions Inc., Queen Dad
jlrister
New Screenwriter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 10:27:54 PM »

Aha, I see.  How about the sites like crackle?  Do they make money from people posting banners and then turn around and pay shows for how many downloads or views the shows get?  By the way Mr. Bledsoe, Assault still is one of my favorite films.  Glad you running this show, feel like I could learn a lot from you!
ScriptNurse
Head Nurse
Private Coach
Screenwriter-Producer

Head Nurse

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 07:28:42 PM »

There is the web version of pay per view.

Don BledsoeWant to write screenplays? READ SCREENPLAYS!
Screenwriter & ProducerWant control? GO TO FILM SCHOOL!
Representation: Eileen OFarrell, OFarrell Management (818) 985-3136
Attorney: Paul S. Levine (310) 450-6711
Websites: Script Nurse, Go With The Flo Productions Inc., Queen Dad
jlrister
New Screenwriter

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2009, 03:27:40 PM »

Just penned a new web show.  It'll be my first directing/writing/acting credit.  I've done lots of acting in the past but never taken on three roles.  Very excited.  Need to learn how these things make money on the web though. 

It's time to root for the bad guys!

My story revolves around Vinne Caparzo, a newly promoted soldier in a small mob located in Portland, OR.  Aside from dealing with the everyday business of earning for his boss, Vinnie has to constantly keep an eye on his clubbing, boozing sister, high tempered right hand man, Mik, FED flirting Mother, and restore the fear back into the public's hearts that mobs are very much still alive!
Script Nurse Forum

Follow Me on Pinterest
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: