Announcing the showbizzle.com Writer Search!
, the digital showcase and destination website for emerging talent, is looking for new writers to become part of our creative team. The showbizzle.com Writer Search
is an open competition to discover and promote talented writers who are looking to have their material produced.
Here's how the showbizzle.com Writer Search works:
We've posted five character prompts on our site: check them out here
- Choose your favorite prompt, or two, or even five!
- Write a 90-120 second monologue for each prompt you chose (500 words or less)
- Email your monologue(s) to email@example.com
- we'll post them on the site, then allow showbizzle.com members to select, or "Like", the monologues they want to see showbizzle.com produce!
Monologues should be written in the conversational style of showbizzle.com's web series, Janey's Blog: your characters should be speaking to Janey. To get a better sense of how the Janey's Blog monologues work, scan the samples at http://showbizzle.com/monologues
, and view the "blogisodes" they spawned at http://showbizzle.com/janeysblog
______________________________________________________________________Who can submit:
All residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C. 18 years or older.
The Submission Period begins at 12:01 a.m. PST on June 15th, 2010
, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on July 20th, 2010
. After all entries have been received, all eligible submissions will be posted on the showbizzle.com Writer Search page
in the order they were received.*
You may submit an entry for as many of the five characters as you choose, but only one monologue/entry per character.
Submit your entries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, preferably as PDF files.
After the Submission Period, monologues will be posted on showbizzle.com during the First Selection Round, when Members will be able to register which ones they "Like" best. Anyone can view the monologues, but only showbizzle.com Members can "Like" them, and they can only do so once per monologue.The writer of the most "Liked" monologue for each character will automatically advance to the Final Selection Round. The other Finalists will be chosen by the Showbizzle Selection Team based on the quality and originality of the submission.
The FIRST SELECTION ROUND begins at 12:01 a.m. PST on July 21st, 2010
and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on July 29th, 2010
. Finalists will be announced on or about July 30th, 2010
. This will open the Final Selection Round, which will close on August 8th, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. PST
. Then, on or about August 9th, 2010
, we'll announce the the Members' Choice
and showbizzle.com Choice
________________________________________________________________________Members' Choice? showbizzle.com Choice? Say what?
's competitions are skill-based, but we care deeply about our Members' opinions, so in the end we designate both the Members' Choice
and the showbizzle.com Choice
. In this case, there can be a Members' Choice and a showbizzle.com Choice for each of the five characters - up to ten in all!
The Members' Choice
is decided by showbizzle.com Members: the most "Liked" entry, wins!
The showbizzle.com Choice
is determined by the showbizzle.com Selection Team, and is based on the quality and originality of the submission, as well as its use of the character prompt. Can one entry be named both the Members' Choice and the showbizzle.com Choice? But of course!
- showbizzle.com Choice
1. $50 Cash
2. Your monologue will be used as the "sides" (script) for one or more subsequent showbizzle.com acting auditions. Translation: you'll get exposure, and will hopefully see your monologue performed onscreen by a number of actual human actors!
3. A featured spot on showbizzle.com as a showbizzle Favorite
4. Promotion on our site, and via Facebook and Twitter.
- Members' Choice
1. A featured spot on showbizzle.com as a showbizzle Fan Favorite
2. Promotion on our site, and via Facebook and TwitterSubmit to the Search and show us what you got!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This is a skill-based contest open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C. 18 years and older. Void where prohibited.
* Please note that your entry will not be considered received until a confirmation e-mail has been sent to you, and that by submitting your monologue for The showbizzle.com Writer Search, you accept the Competition Details and showbizzle.com's Terms of Service and Master Competition Official Rules