Script Nurse Forum
April 16, 2014, 05:30:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Writers Store
News: YOU MUST REGISTER in order to post and use the CHAT ROOM. It's FREE. Access to the many sub-boards of THE STORY DEPARTMENT and LEARNING, EXERCISES & WORKSHOPS is limited to MEMBERS ONLY, so click on the REGISTER tab below and join us for free. MAIN SITE returns you to the main Script Nurse website and HOME brings you back to the top of the forums. CHAT ROOM access is automatic once you've registered.

MAIN SITE   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Follow Me on Pinterest
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here's the logline for my first script  (Read 1105 times)
Caffiend
Six-Figure Screenwriter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 07:38:13 PM »

That's why you're the Scriptnurse.  I'm still working on "Boy Scouts' First Aid Manual."   Cheesy
ScriptNurse
Head Nurse
Private Coach
Screenwriter-Producer

Head Nurse

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 08:03:30 PM »

I think he sounds more committed if he "learns" or "discovers| what happened, rather than suspecting what happened.

Don BledsoeWant to write screenplays? READ SCREENPLAYS!
Screenwriter & ProducerWant control? GO TO FILM SCHOOL!
Representation: Eileen OFarrell, OFarrell Management (818) 985-3136
Attorney: Paul S. Levine (310) 450-6711
Websites: Script Nurse, Go With The Flo Productions Inc., Queen Dad
Caffiend
Six-Figure Screenwriter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 10:24:03 PM »

Sounds tantalizing, Josh!  Great high concept!  And the title is excellent very provocative.

Maybe your logline can be tweaked a bit, but it stands well.  Might I suggest:  "A cryptozoologist suspects that the creatures responsible for his father's disappearance have re-appeared.  He's not the only one after them."

"Father's disappearance is good: ambiguous (as opposed to "death," leaving open all sorts of possibilities other than death.  Survived, and injured? Captured?  Or has he captured them in some remote backwater?  Wow!

BTW, I don't think many people know what a "cryptozoologist" is.  They're in for a surprise.  Great (high) concept, and potentially a great summer popcorn movie.
ScriptNurse
Head Nurse
Private Coach
Screenwriter-Producer

Head Nurse

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 10:25:22 PM »

For a quick look and comment, email a PDF to me ... ScriptNurse@scriptnurse.com ... and I'll give you the Hollywood view of what I see.

Don BledsoeWant to write screenplays? READ SCREENPLAYS!
Screenwriter & ProducerWant control? GO TO FILM SCHOOL!
Representation: Eileen OFarrell, OFarrell Management (818) 985-3136
Attorney: Paul S. Levine (310) 450-6711
Websites: Script Nurse, Go With The Flo Productions Inc., Queen Dad
Joshferatu
New Screenwriter

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2012, 04:24:20 PM »

Title: "Of Unknown Origins"
By: Joshua Thomas Mischler

Logline: "A cryptozoologist hears a rumor that the creatures responsible for his father's disappearance years earlier have returned and that he's not the only one after them."

The main character is meant to be sort of like a mash up of Doctor Gregory House from the show 'House' and Tony Stark in that he's snarky and some might say egotistical. He is the foremost expert of mythical creatures and travels the world collecting evidence and capturing "monsters" for scientific study. When I wrote it I imagined what might happen if Bruce Wayne had lost his family to a pack of wild creatures after a plane crash instead of a gunman in an alley and the effect that would have had on him.

The actual genre is difficult to define. It is primarily an action/adventure story with elements of comedy and "horror" mixed in. I was going for something akin to Indiana Jones meets Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I have the script written up, but it's my first attempt at screenwriting so I know full well that it is far from marketable. But if anyone is interested in reading it and possibly collaborating, send me an email at josh.mischler@gmail.com or look me up on facebook. Thank you.
Script Nurse Forum

Follow Me on Pinterest
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: